Thursday, November 1, 2012

Matt and the girl

I finally have the first content page done. I'm sorry that it came so late but it took a lot longer than I thought it would. The total word count came to 2,427 words and this is the first in a series that I'll be running.
Please read on to find out what happens:

Matt sat down at a bar in the club he was at. He was furious at the women in the club, every single one that he tried hitting on asked for drinks for her and her friends. Then when he finally felt that he got enough courage to ask the woman out they just bashed him down. This had happened every time he came to a club, he'd get drinks for women that he thought were attractive and they'd use him and throw him away like he was a bucket of fish heads.
The barkeep saw Matt and decided on to talk to him, "Regular Matt or want something that doesn't have -ini at the end of it?"
"I want a bourbon and a scotch separate," Matt growled.
"Fine, I'll get that for you in a minute."
Matt knew that he was being overly mean to the barkeep but he didn't care. All he could think of is how he wanted some girl to not use him.
"Here's your drinks," the barkeep said gruffly and then silently, "you idiot."
"Hey wait," Matt said causing the barkeep to fear Matt had heard him.
"Yeah," the barkeep answered with fear in his voice because of what he whispered.
"Sorry for the way I was before I'm just sick and tired of all of those women," Matt spat venomously while waving in the general direction of the entire dance floor.
"Dude you represent about 20 percent of my income on the nights you come in. Don't you know that the girls you hit on get free drinks and are just making fun of you."
"Yes, but I still want to try and get a girl to go out with me and so I do the only thing that I know how to do."
"Man that is sad, let me get you a better drink on the house after I deal with some of these other customers."
After he left Matt still felt down and though he was a little bit happy about the prospect of a free drink he knew it wouldn't solve his girl troubles. He started to think about why all of these girls he tried hitting on did not want to be with him. After all it wasn't like he was grotesque or overtly chubby for a 30 year old man. He had something between a four pack and a pouch, his hair was pretty bushy and yes he was going grey considering his age but his work took a lot out of him.
He started wondering if that is the reason. He didn't dress to fancy even though he made a pretty good amount of money. Able to afford a condo in one of the better areas of the city in fact only about two blocks down from the club he was in.
"Maybe I should go out this weekend and buy a new wardrobe or maybe ask a girl at work to go out and help me. I'm sure my assistant could help me, yeah she's a lesbian but she dresses impeccably and I think she would have fun being my boss for once," Matt said in his head while drinking the scotch and rotating the glass of his bourbon.
"Here you go, Matt hope it helps. It's one of my more expensive malt scotches."
"Could you wait a minute and tell me why you think that the girls have no interest in me. Also did you say my more expensive malt scotches, do you own this club?"
"Okay well to answer in order, your outfits haven't been the greatest and your hair looks like it's a gigantic web of tentacles and yeah I own the club. I find being behind the bar more fun than being on the dance floor."
"Wow that's cool and thanks for the second scotch."
The barkeep and club owner left Matt with his drinks to go deal with other customers once again leaving Matt with his thoughts that now where more optimistic. He decided that he would leave the club after finishing his drinks and if he couldn't get a woman on his way out that he would call his assistant and ask her to take him out tomorrow and help him get a new wardrobe. 
He was just about to leave after enjoying the malt scotch when he saw her drifting across the dance floor toward the bar. She was wearing a simple looking red dress that had a slit along the leg so, he presumed, she could be able dance in the thing because it looked like it would make movement extremely difficult otherwise. The dress also contrasted against her skin and hair. From what he could see intermittently she had skin that looked almost pure white and he could definitely see that she had hair that was long, straight and of a black that made jet black look like a shade of grey.
He lost her after a surge of people came out of the bathrooms and went onto the dance floor. He scanned the entire dance floor searching for the mysterious red dressed woman but couldn't find her. Then he heard the most amazing voice coming from the seat next to him.
"Can I get a red wine please," the girl said and Matt saw that it was the girl in the red dress.
Matt was dumbstruck he couldn't form a fragmented thought let along come up with something that would actually sound mildly interesting to this goddess as his mind thought of her. So his mind went on autopilot and he stood up and said to the barkeep we need a red wine down here and I'm paying.
The girl then turned toward him and he realized that he just did what he always did and that there is no chance that she was going to agree to go out with him. 
"Thank you, I doubt that I would have gotten a glass for probably a decade if it wasn't for you." Matt's mind started to crumble around him. All he could think was she's talking to me, what do I do, is this a trick and various other phrases along the same path over and over again.
"Are you okay. My name is Alice what's yours?"
"Matthias but everyone calls me Matt," Matt shouted out and super fast. This resulted in Alice blushing a little causing Matt to blush even more. Then the barkeep came around and asked what type of red wine Alice wanted.
"Do you have a Barbera or a Golan Heights Cabernet Sauvignon?"
"We have both which would you prefer?"
"I'd rather have the Golan Heights and what years do you have?"
"So you prefer an Israeli wine huh. I only have a 2010 for the club."
"Thank you and thank you Matthias for paying for it."
The barkeep then noticed Matt sitting and waved his tilted down head back and forth. Matt grabbed out his wallet and gave the amount the barkeep asked for. The barkeep left and Matt was left with Alice once again. He stared at her trying to think of something to say to her that would get her into to him but it was like his brain had just been shutdown and was trying to reboot but kept crashing.
"So what do you do Matthias?"
"Uhh, I'm a leader of a crisis management team."
"That sounds interesting what is it that you do?"
"We'll I and my team are hired to help companies and individuals fix their problems in a very short time. I mainly act as an enforcer and driving force so that I know my client isn't withholding anything from me and to make sure my team is working hard and is focused. What do you do?"
"I'm just a student right now and I don't know what I'm going to do but I think I might become a lawyer or cop."
The barkeep then placed the wine down and left them after seeing that they where talking. An event that he never saw happen for Matt when he was out with those other girls.
Alice took a sip from the wine and than lightly touched Matt's hand saying thank you as she did. Matt felt like a jolt of electricity go from where she had touched him all the way up to his heart and brain.
"You want to get out of here, that is after you finish your wine."
"Okay what do you want to do?"
"I know a diner that is open this late and not to far want to go there?"
"Okay but let's go now I should get a little sleep tonight before class."
"Sure."
Matt stepped out and held his hand out to provide help. She grabbed it and he felt that electrical feeling once again but unlike the last time where she merely brushed his hand this time it felt like he was be surged by this electricity. It made his breathe grow heavier, quicker and had him feeling like a wave of euphoria and ecstasy wash over his entire being. When she let go he almost crumpled to the floor because of the sudden release of whatever that energy is.
   Alice didn't notice Matt's slight faint spell and they started to wind around the club to its entrance. When they got outside Matt told her that it was one block over and three blocks down from where they where. They started down and having a brief conversation on some current events which was mostly Matt because Alice didn't really do much other than her school work and going out occasionally to clubs as a stress relief. After about 10 minutes they came to the diner.
They entered the diner to find only about seven people in the entire place and Matt knew that there where 3 people that worked this late because he would come here very often.
"Oh Matt who's this lovely lady and where did you find her," the cook said peering out from inside the kitchen.
"This is Alice and I met her at the club up the ways."
"Ah so what do you and the lady want to have. I still have the grills fired up and can make ya anything on the menu." He then pointed up toward a sign that showed some of the meals that where popular and restaurant style meal pamphlets on the counter top and at the booths.
"I'll have the steak with potatoes and steak fries." Matt was surprised by the meal Alice wanted. He also admired her for deciding on something so quickly and did it in a commanding manner.
"I'll have a coffee and a piece of apple pie at my table."
The two started talking about trivial things that they had heard like what was happening in the media, the weather, sports which never knew much about and fashion which Alice was able to go into more detail than the other things they talked about. Then there food came and they talked about it while each other was eating their food. Alice offered more conversation than Matt did even though she had more food than him. In fact she was finished before he was.
"What time is it?"
"Good question let me look at my watch," Matt said while he lifted his arm up to see what time it is. He told Alice that it was almost 3 in the morning.
"I should get home so I can sleep a little."
"Okay you want me to take you home?"
"No, I think I should go by myself but I'll walk you home."
"Okay, let me handle the bill and then we can go. It's not far."
Matt payed the bill and they started to walk toward his condo. About midway Alice grabbed his hand and Matt started having difficulty remembering the directions to his condo and was losing his balance because of her infectious touch. After a short while his head started to clear the shocked in fog and he started remembering how to get to his condo.They got to the building his condo was in and stood out in front of the entrance doors.
"We'll this is where I live."
"It's a nice looking building."
"Well goodbye, can I see you soon."
"Do you have a pen?"
"Yeah, write you number and last name here." Alice said pointing to her hand.
Matt wrote down his last name in the center of the top of her hand and then wrote his number across her hand and wrist. Just when he finished and was about to move away, she grabbed his head and started to kiss him without any restraint. At first it felt like how her hands felt on his body but it suddenly exploded like some damn was put in place but suddenly couldn't hold against the torrent of energy. His body went limp and he just let her control the entire event but he started to feel something from his gut like a twisting and pulling sensation clawing its way up trying to stop whatever was happening but Alice's magical effect just continued to increase and it was burying the sickening sensation out.
Alice suddenly pulled away and for a moment Matt thought he say some kind of glowing vapor around her lips but he dismissed it as a random brain effect of insufficient breathing. Alice said goodbye and Matt started entering the building feeling woozy and groggy. When he got upstairs to his condo the effects had seemed to have dissipated but now a sinking feeling had settled in and he wondered if he should take the rest if the week off. He thought about it and decide he would call his assistant's phone and leave a message that he wouldn't be coming in for the rest of the week and she and the team should take some time of as well.
He called, took a shower, brushed his teeth, and got in his sleepwear and while he was doing all of this that sinking feeling continued to grow and he thought it was probably just a weird sensation from the spectacular nature of the night. He was just about to get into bed when the feeling overwhelmed him and he collapsed onto the bed dead to the world.


1 comment:

  1. Great! I can't wait to read what happens next! You have a great talent! Impressive!!!!

    ReplyDelete